Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Wedding: Reception Part One

After we'd signed the papers and made it official, it was time to make our grand entrance. Our bridal party wasn't announced; they were already outside. We came around the front of the house amidst cheers, and then everyone gathered to take a group picture. It's one of my favorite things that we did and I want to have it made into a 500 piece puzzle some day. 



One of the perks of getting married is eating first. I like being in the bridal party for the same reason.
We had pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese from Golden Corral, Fruit and Coleslaw. The only reason I even know what we ate is because of these pictures. I ate, but I don't remember it.






The Bratz's cooked and set up the food... such great hearts!







Thank goodness for these tents... the rain before the ceremony would have killed the cake.












Carson's grandparents were unable to travel, but we got pictures with mine. My mom's mom and her husband on the left, my dad's parents on the right.



Then, toasts. Brandon was our DJ for the evening and did an excellent job.

Trent gave his best man's speech. It was nice and sweet.


And then Brooke gave her speech. I think that you can tell from the picture that she had an embarrassing story to recount. Apparently at the age of 10, I declared that I would have pastel butterflies at my wedding. Brooke chose that moment to share the story. Everyone laughed. Let's be honest though - butterflies would have been really neat, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest