Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jillian's Visit: Day Four


On Saturday, we decided to plan to have no set time to get ready and go, since we hadn't been so wise about getting enough sleep. When we decided to get out the door, it was in a more relaxed manner. We went to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho! It's one of my favorite places and not so far away but I hadn't been since my first year here (three years ago) so it was new to both of us. 



We found that we were in the mood to eat as soon as we arrived, so we settled down in a little restaurant. We had salad and bread first and then lunch - garlic chicken pizza for Jillian and macaroni and cheese for me. Should I be embarrassed by wanting that? It was a filling lunch and I got about 1/4 way through before asking for a box.



Once lunch was over, we explored the "beach" (Couer d'Alene is on a lake)








After our exploration of the beach and water were over, we decided to browse the main strip of the city and go through some little shops. It reminds me a bit of Beaufort in its set up, and the stores had lots of neat little knick knacks. I even picked up a Christmas gift for Carson!








I brought this home for Carson: white chocolate covered gummy bears. The nice thing about it was that this was not even the slightest temptation for me. Also, it was colorful (you can't tell in the picture). We watched a movie that night and relaxed after we returned.

3 comments:

  1. wow, yummy food and fun times with old friends!
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got home and got to see all these posts for the first time! Love love love them! I had such a great time with you. :-)
    Miss you dearly love! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* i love look at these pictures. I'm so full of smiles like.. every single time! haha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest