Tuesday, July 22, 2014

DIY Moss Covered Letter

This is something I've wanted to try for awhile but wasn't sure if it was going to be too expensive or messy. While browsing Hobby Lobby with Morgan, I noticed that the moss was pretty cheap, and letters weren't too bad either, so I bought both with coupons and went for it. 

I did this project in less than thirty minutes, while Morgan was sleeping on my couch.

You'll need:
A letter or something to glue the moss to
Glue gun and lots of glue
Sheet moss (near decorative rocks and fake flowers at Hobby Lobby)
A porch or somewhere where you can make a huge mess and not freak out about it


Tear off little pieces of the moss (lots of it is in little pieces anyway, so just tear it off in shapes that best fit your letter) and glue it on the letter.

Keep glueing. Don't forget to get the sides. Use tiny pieces of moss for those. 

Make sure it's on there really well so it doesn't shed later on. Lots of glue. Shake it a little bit to make sure it's not flapping anywhere.

So pretty! I glued things to the front first and then wrapped around the edges to give it a cleaner look as I went.

See? Not really an indoor project.

Finished!

It looks different inside my apartment because it's dark, but I love it. I hung it on my gallery wall mirror from a satin ribbon I had sitting around from my wedding gifts.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest