Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"it's all in the family"

We intended to spend this past weekend on a rafting trip. Wouldn't you know it though, it was too cold and too rainy so the trip got cancelled! Since everyone had no work, no school and no other plans, we decided to make the drive over to Olympia and spend the weekend with family. The fact that it was Mother's Day weekend just made it more perfect. 

I find it only fair to warn you that I have a lot of pictures to share. 

Thursday night, we watched Sabrina (the old one with Audrey Hepburn), one of my favorite movies

Friday morning, we went to breakfast and then walked around the Olympia Farmer's Market




My west coast mom and aunt deciding on jam

These looked so pretty but actually didn't tempt me very much. I don't like pastries. 


I did want flowers though. I loved all the displays of bouquets throughout the market and wanted some so badly. Except I also wanted them to never die so I could keep on seeing their vibrant colors :)




I've had very few radishes before but they are so pretty to look at! 



Later that evening, we had a big spaghetti dinner with the family.
Did I take pictures? Nope. 

The next day, we went to get Kim's hair done. Then I went shopping with a couple of cousins. No pictures of that either. 
That night, we had fish and chips. No pictures of the food, but definitely some from after that...

Carson loved playing with Norman

Sometimes, I look out of the corner of my eye to see if he's making a face and then I make one too. 
This is one of those times. 


I'm not sure what this face is all about but it makes me laugh. It's a bit creepy. 

At last, a (eh, mostly) good picture
 (you may be glad that I didn't include the other 12)

A particularly thrilling game of Guesstures 
(basically Charades with a timer)


I just love this picture. Yes, it's really not a good picture at all, but I still like it. 

We went to church on Sunday and had lunch back at Carson's parents' house.
Then we had a photo shoot and headed back east to Spokane!

Anthony and Annalise

A photoshoot beside the pool:
Crystal, Annalise, me, Savannah, Jasmine 





Since it was mother's day, I wanted a picture with my mother-in-law

...and requested that Carson smile with her too. Don't ask about the otter.  


Carson complying 

Carson's real opinion on picture taking

These are the flowers Carson gave me for Mother's Day. 
I'm not sure why he did, but I do like them!



Enough pictures for you?
We enjoyed our trip and though I was really disappointed that the rafting trip didn't happen, I am glad that we got to go to Olympia. We saw more family this way and weren't miserable and wet. I do hope to re-do the trip sometime though!

2 comments:

  1. aw, so many pictures!

    it looks really fun.
    favorite quote from this post:
    "Don't ask about the otter"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the fresh and lovely pics of springtime - flowers, veggies, smiles! (It's snowing again here in CO and your pics made my day!) -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest