Wednesday, May 25, 2011

change

Change is upon us.

I think change used to be more of a surprise. Now, it's more of a familiar friend. We aren't sure what it will be, but we recognize it.

I didn't mention it online yet, but my last day of work was last week. No more being there at 7:30am.

This week marks the last week of the semester. Classes are finished, papers turned in, presentations given, exams passed. Whew. I think this makes me a senior... finally.

This week, Carson will take the GRE. Pray for him!

This week, Carson will graduate. He's finished his undergrad! Yay!

Next week, I will start full-time classes. Well, one class. It's a three week intensive. I have four directed study classes this summer also. And my online class for the summer began this week. So I'll be busy studying this summer, which I'm not entirely thrilled about.

The week after next, the real challenge will come. Carson is moving.
Yes, just Carson. He'll be working a full fire season this year (till about November) since he doesn't have school in the fall. He will live in the place we lived last summer. And yes, I will stay here. It makes sense logistically even though it kind of stinks.

For five months. 


Okay, it really stinks.
But it's only three hours away. He'll be busy, I'll be busy. It will be hard. But we plan to talk a lot, travel when we can, and write letters like we did when we were dating long-distance. Like the summers before it, it will be a little different.

Different is the new normal.

Change is upon us.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you linds! Change might be the new normal, but it doesn't make it any easier! Love ya and will be praying for you.
    "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest