Tuesday, April 19, 2011

our table runneth over

Our living room is a long room that's essentially three in one - office, dining room and living room. Four, if you count the fact that it's also our foyer.

Anyway, with the room being so multifaceted, it's become something of a habit of ours to let things pile up on the table. Papers to grade, mail, books, keys.... 

I've been wanting to make the table look a little prettier. The hope is that things won't pile up but since we all know that's not going to happen, the fact is, I just wanted a pretty table. 

So this weekend, I made a table runner while Carson was away. 
I planned to use these three fabrics but stuck to the green and orange ones.

I ironed (on the floor because our ironing board died and was thrown away)

I sewed

I made a really long runner (yes, I did know it was uneven)

And somehow broke a needle in my machine

In the end, the living room looked like this:
(that's Singing in the Rain in the background. I watched two movies while sewing, pausing them when I ran the machine so I could hear.)

I cut and sewed and lined up and reinforced 

It was this time when I finished

But here it is in the morning, underneath my glass bowl
(yep, those are gumballs. they make this apartment popular in the building)


This was the time consuming part: the other side is a bunch of random fabrics stitched together.

So here's to hoping the pretty will make a bad impression on all keys, papers and books that try to hang out on the table.

2 comments:

  1. This is so great...I love the end product! How perfectly awesome of you...oh, and I also went to Kiev, Ukraine for a mission trip! Weird, huh? =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was crafty like you! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest