Wednesday, April 23, 2008

they lied

I have been lied to all my life.

Someone told me way back when that when I'm not in this life anymore, I will die. But that isn't true. How could something dead live forever? When I pass out of this life I will be so much more alive than I thought possible. I will be in the presence of GOD Himself. I will live and live and live. I will not just "exist" on this planet.

"Death" is just about the coolest thing ever for believers, if you think about it. I mean seriously. Who on earth could make this stuff up? Babies born with heart defects are absolutely perfect and healed and complete. Blind people: can you imagine the first thing you see being JESUS? Deaf: how would you like to hear the constant praise going on all around you to your Maker? And the mute? The first thing to pass out of their lips is thanksgiving and praise and worship.

So you say you're afraid of leaving this world? Don't want to die? Are you for real????

(You know that I like to explain the "why" behind my posts. Well actually, I've been contemplating death over the past few hours. Not in a morbid way, just reading blogs of people whose children have died soon after birth, blogs of children who are aren't expected to have long lives, and those that weren't supposed to make it, but are. These really have given me perspective [because in no way, shape, or form have I endured those kinds of trials] and a desire to live for God no matter what... the testimony here - wow [links if you run over the words])

1 comment:

  1. I had never thought about like...the mute, the first thing coming off of their lips being the praises of God, and the deaf, hearing the praise of others, and all that stuff. I guess just because I am not one of those, I just had never thought about it...Very cool thought to think about!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest