Monday, April 21, 2008

catch up post.

Sunday School: the past few weeks have included long lessons and substitute teachers so I didn't get to meet with my small group until yesterday. Since it was such a pretty day, we decided to walk around outside and finally ended up perched on either side of the bridge that allows people to cross from the gravel parking lot to the children's building. It was more of a catch-up small group than anything. We talked about school, school trips (I must say, I cannot envy the chaperones on the upcoming BA 8th grade trip to DC... they are going to be worn out!), remodeling projects, and boys. That last one is inevitable and I don't think we've had a small group that didn't include something to do with them. Yesterday they started by asking me about people I've dated. This part of the conversation lasted longer than you'd think, only because they couldn't get over the fact that there wasn't anyone to talk about. They had bug eyes. It was my turn for bug eyes when one of my 5th graders informed us with a sigh that a boy in her class whom she does not like asked her out. I pondered that for a moment... how does one date in the fifth grade? And whose parents are on board with that? *sigh*

Saturday Night: Went to a birthday party/going away party (Dustin, Brandon, Morgan). There was typical small talk at the beginning as we ate but then later it was fun. We danced a lot. I stink at dancing but I love it and had such a great time. I'm really sore now from standing on my tip-toes to dance (Morgan noticed that all girls stand on their tip-toes to dance... odd, isn't it?) but I would definitely do it again. Good times, Saturday.

Sunday Afternoon: Lovely day outside so we chose to have a picnic downtown by the cannons. The guys bought the food and the girls made it. I wonder if they discovered the dirt we put in there? It was very much a lazy Sunday afternoon, as we just sat around and talked and laughed. Thomas and Fred were the only active members of the group; they chose to toss grapes and catch them with their mouths. Facebook has pictures :)

Support: I am officially provisionally accepted for the team this summer because I haven't gotten fifty percent of my support in. If I don't have it by May 4th, I suppose I shall be attending Water Festival because I'll be staying in Beaufort.

School: The end is near! April 29th I start finals and intend to be done by May 3rd. The semester has flown by but the last three weeks are always the hardest. It's like "senioritis" but not... "end-of-semester-itis"?

Camera: I have a new one. Brandon and Dustin graciously agreed to meet me at Best Buy to see if the warranty would allow my camera to be replaced or fixed (because the battery door kept popping open... it was annoying but not major... I pretty much wanted to see how good the warranty was). I didn't have anything to do with the exchange of it and didn't really pay much attention because we pretended that it was Brandon's camera. They were going to replace it with another 450... but Canon quit making the 450 so instead we got to choose any camera under $300... the 1100 was $249 so we went with that. It's a lot nicer than my other camera, the battery door doesn't fly open, it's blue, and I have another 4 year warranty on it... thanks guys! (and note to all of you... Best Buy is awesome... buy your cameras there)

Cleaning: I have a ton of clothes and shoes that I bought 5-7 years ago that I still wear. Yes, that means I still own things I wore when I was 12 (no, not all of them fit the same). But anyway, I have a LOT of really ugly stuff, because a) styles have changed since 2001 and b) I used to like ugly things (apparently) and just never got around to donating them/throwing them away. So last Tuesday, I came home from work and realized that my closet was way too full. I started out by moving winter stuff to drawers and shuffling things around all over (my room was a gigantic wreck during this process). I went in my attic to find a box to put non-seasonal things in and discovered that I had a lot of stuff in there that I never plan on wearing... so I sorted through them, sorted through the huge box of shoes I haven't worn in ages (I seriously think my feet have shrunk, because many of the shoes I used to wear are an 8 and now I wear a 6.5 - 7, I couldn't wear this stuff if I'd even wanted to!). Now my closet is much less full, I have a box, two trash bags, and a pile of junk sitting in the corner ready for the dump or Goodwill, and I can breathe easier. I didn't know I had so much junk!

Strange thing: I woke up to my phone ringing at 1:15 am. I didn't recognize the number (just looked up area code and it's from somewhere in Maryland) so I didn't answer it (would you???). I woke up later this morning and looked at my phone. It said I had a text so I read it... from the same number. It said (and I quote): "I love you baby". Apparently someone has the wrong number.
(edit: I received a second call from this number this afternoon and I decided that answering it was the only way to stop all the calls from whoever this strange person was. He asked twice for Wendy [why do people calling ALWAYS ask for someone named Wendy?] and was a little disappointed that I couldn't help him out. I was tempted to give him someone else's number, just to have a little fun, but I don't want him calling back...)

I am happy about: Tax refunds (never filed taxes before this year), my hair growing fast (finally! It's really long when I straighten it!), dancing the other night, school being almost finished, finding old(ish) pictures on the other computer and looking through them, summer weather...

1 comment:

  1. There wasn't any sand in our sandwiches and tax refunds are awesome...
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest