Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 things...

You already know of my great love for taking pictures. Now you shall see how wonderful, albeit random, I am. Er... my pictures are. Anyway, enjoy this mess :)































We'll start at the very beginning (a very good place to start... ten points if you can name that song).
1. A lovely pile of books used to research for my Christian Science paper... I worked so hard and pitched a fit when I saw the grade: 100. I doubt my prof even read the paper (still a little bitter).
2. I LOVE this picture of Scott. First picture I took with my dear new camera. I like the green walls (if you didn't know my favorite color is green) and the fact that Scott's eye looks like a huge red spider. Red eye remover just didn't want to work on it.
3. The view from my bed, one of my favorite places to sit with my laptop and study... very common scene: Mini walking around on my bed, the many pictures around my room, crooked frames because I couldn't find the level, the pen handy on my bed.
4. My catch-all dresser; and me, favoring my dorky side. I love my dresser and had always wanted one like this because of the mirror over it... but especially so I could put lots of picture frames on top!
5. Typical family scene: Dad comes in, having done something to one of the dogs. Dog, highly embarrassed, will not look us in the eye. Dad poses for picture with wide eyes and a Cheshire smile. I love my dad. {fyi: the thing on Mini's head is a jewelry hanger of Becca's that dad took down during Bec's most recent re-arranging session}
6. My terribly messy desk. This is my other study spot, the place I'm supposed to be studying. Books I use frequently/books I don't use frequently but didn't have room for on my bookcase, camera cord, monkey that whistles that I received for Valentine's Day (guess who THAT'S from...), an orange to snack on, and a box I covered with paper during a moment of creativity.
7. Daisy, looking very pitiful in antlers (darn those hound dog eyes). Doesn't she look like the dog in How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon one)?
8. An attempt at capturing the rainy day on my balcony... after not lucking out on my multiple "raindrops falling in puddles" shots.
9. Our new tree. A lovely new oak tree arrived earlier this week to be planted in the circle of our driveway. There wasn't much contrast in the picture and the tree blended in with those behind it so I took advantage of the "focal black and white" option in Picasa.
10. Me, taking a break from my computer to take a picture of my braids. I love wearing my hair in braids, because it's fun and because my hair was too short when I was little to satisfy my love for braids (*weep weep*)... though the coarseness of it makes it stick out, giving me a frightening resemblance to Pippi Longstocking by the end of the day.

Ugh. Now I'm frustrated beyond belief because the pictures aren't lining up correctly. Anyone know how to remedy this? It's driving me bananas!

3 comments:

  1. i love them all!!
    But as to them lining up...TELL ME ABOUT IT! I know I know... it does drive you crazy!!!
    You look so cute! :) And i love your room...always have! Have a great night love!
    muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. A little obsessive don't you think? (I am not the one to talk...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (reading over all the posts I've missed) I think I might be able to get them all to line up actually...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest