Monday, April 14, 2008

{philippians 4:6-7}

"Be anxious for nothing"
Nothing. Don't be anxious, don't worry about anything at all. You have no reason.
"But in everything"
Without exception... don't worry. Instead, in all things...
"By prayer and supplication"
Don't mull it over in your head... talk about it with God, ask Him
"With thanksgiving"
Thanking God for what He has provided and expecting to hear from Him
"Let your requests be made known to God"
Let the one who knows your thoughts hear your voice raise in supplication to Him. Ask the One who knows all.
"And the peace of God"
After you've voiced your supplications, peace comes from God Himself... what a privilege!
"Which surpasses all comprehension"
aka: beyond your wildest imagination - I shouldn't be at peace but I am! I don't understand it!
"Will guard your hearts and minds"
Without that worry, you're protected from doubting God, perhaps doubting yourself, and are free to trust Him and to rest in peace. You're not anxious. You can sleep at night!
"In Christ Jesus"
Jesus Himself seals us and protects us from that worry and anxiousness we are so apt to use as our fall back. Instead we fall on Him. And He holds us up.

{This is such a familiar passage of Scripture but one I needed to re-read and sort of exegete for myself. There are better ways to do so, of course, but this is what it was saying to me tonight. Be anxious for nothing... but let the peace of God (which surpasses all comprehension) guard your hear and your mind in Christ Himself. Give it to God.}

3 comments:

  1. Man, that is always so cool to rest in. After you've asked Him...there's no reason to worry any longer because the God of the universe "has it" so to speak...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love you dearest! Don't you love it when the words, no matter how familiar, just jump off the page! I know i do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I was signed in under my family...that was me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest