Sunday, March 22, 2015

Links on Loss

I think you probably know that the subject of pregnancy loss and infertility is one that is close to my heart. Even if I do end up having children one day, I know that I won't forget how I felt when I thought that maybe I wouldn't ever be a mother. I hope that my eyes will still fill with tears and that my heart will ache for people who can't have babies. Again, I have no idea if that's in my future, but whether it is or not, it's a topic that I think should be discussed more often, and I think is becoming less of a taboo topic. A year ago today, I had my third and most recent miscarriage. I don't have anything to say on that topic right now, but I thought that I'd share a few posts other people have written that have been a blessing to me in this season of hoping in the Lord.

I Could Have a Baby but She Could Not - I know it's really difficult for people who haven't experienced loss to understand it, and I don't judge them at all for it. I hope people don't feel guilt because they can have children while I still don't, and I appreciated this post.

My Miscarriage Changed Me - grief is a strange thing, and I was edified by the perspective this writer had. (great links on the bottom of this post)

The Heart Behind Multiple Miscarriages -

He Didn't Heal My Daughter, God is So Good

When Jesus is the Only Baby

Gospel People Say Goodbye

Why I'll Never Ask When You Plan to Have a Baby

God's grace has been so abundant in this season of life, and though I do think of the babies I've lost on a daily basis, He encourages me. I am often most encouraged through the words others have written, which draw me to the Lord and help me to process.

1 comment:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest