Thursday, June 8, 2017

Rome II: The Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain


Once the Kings had joined us in Rome, we freshened up and then hit the town!
We took the Metro to the Spagna stop and found ourselves at the Spanish Steps in Piazza di Spagna. I think that these steps are famous primarily for their inclusion in the movie Roman Holiday. Please do yourself a favor and watch that if you haven't.






We walked from there to the Trevi Fountain, finding lots of things to take pictures of along the way.

I was surprised by the size of the fountain. For some reason, I expected it to be much smaller and less substantial. I don't think I had a different place in mind, it just wasn't what I expected. It was beautiful though and I really was so impressed by it!










There were lots and lots of Pope Francis trinkets and graffiti around Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest