Friday, September 6, 2013

Autumns Past

I walked past Bath and Body Works the other day, and found myself mysteriously drawn inside. It may have been the 2 for 1 sale sign on the candles, but suddenly, I was thinking about Fall. I actually came home and made sure I knew where my decor for Autumn was, so that I could start decorating once it felt Fall-like. 

That motivated me, so I browsed the internet for fun fall crafts and things. Fall is the best season to decorate for (well, Christmas is the BEST-best, but Fall decorations stay up longer). 

Here's the thing though - I'm not ready for the seasons to change. 

Sure, I like boots and sweaters as much as the next person, and changing leaves are gorgeous, but once those boots and sweaters come out, I'd better get ready - because I'll be wearing them for the next nine months. I'm going to savor every last day of short sleeves and sandals before they go back in a box for 3/4 of the year. 

I will say though, there are some fun fall-like things to look forward to - Pumpkin Spice Lattes, back to school sales, crunchy leaves, humidity-free crisp air... 

And of course, there have been fun memories made during this season...

Study dates with Brooke, 2007 (so I already had this uploaded... sorry, Brooke)

Meeting my roommates/starting school in Spokane, 2008

Spontaneous road trip to Seattle, 2008


Midterms study session 2009 

Thanksgiving 2009

Carving pumpkins, 2010

Halloween 2010 (nerd and a teacher)

(tourists and a teacher)

Peach and apple picking, 2011


Pumpkin patch, 2011

Halloween 2011 (Hippie, Indian, Raisin) 

Fall colors 2012

Morgan's wedding, October 2012

Halloween 2012 (Carson's favorite hat and Rosie the Riveter)



1 comment:

  1. I guess I have been following your blog a long time because I have seen many of these pictures on here before.....cute Halloween pictures and the leaves changing colors are lovely. I am envious that you at least @have@ a fall. Love bugs are in full force here, and with the humidity, it is not pleasant out there.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest