Saturday, December 22, 2012

Birthday Party

We celebrated Carson's birthday over three days... not too many people get that sort of special treatment!

The celebration began on Monday. 
I made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, topped with chocolate chips in the shape of his age. He didn't have a cake preference and likes Reeses cups so I thought he might like this, and he did!

I found this banner on the clearance rack at Target. Couldn't have made such a happy looking one myself.

That night, John and Rachel came over. We're so thankful that Rachel is from a town about 35 minutes away from where we live... we've seen her family several times and I work with her brother... and we get to see them when they come visit!




I said, "Smile really quick!" and in his old age, Carson didn't quite hear me.








On his actual birthday, I worked. I tried to wake him up when I left at 5:20, but strangely, he didn't bounce up and thank me for those birthday wishes so early in the morning. When I got off work, I made Carson sit down and open his gifts, smiling with each one. we headed over to Rachel's parents' home. Rach had her wisdom teeth taken out the day before, so we spent a low-key afternoon watching the movie, Brave. Then Carson worked from 7pm-midnight.

(As part three of his birthday, we went to see The Hobbit on the Saturday afternoon following his birthday.)






Gummies, handkerchiefs, bear mug, Latin Vulgate translation of the Bible and the Septuagint. A very Carson birthday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest