Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rainbow

When we got married, we got a TON of kitchen items. Bowls, plates, serving platters, little gadgets. There are some things still in the packaging... that's how much we got. One of the things we have a lot of are wooden spoons. We have them in all shapes and sizes and we use them all the time. But you know, those wooden spoons are great, but they're boring. I had some paint and some time, so I decided to make a little rainbow. It was only after that that I found a very similar project on Pinterest



All I did was tape off the spoons, using scotch tape (it was most accessible). After that, I sanded a few of the spoons with a shinier finish and then painted away. The spoons soaked up the paint, so I did two or three coats before deciding that they were colorful enough. I haven't done this yet, but my next planned step is to buy some food-safe finish for them to keep the color from chipping. I think that a nice, shiny finish on them will look great and probably protect the wood! 





It only took about 20 minutes to get out my supplies, tape them off and paint, so it's totally doable. Plus, how cheap are wooden spoons! This would be a really fun gift for a kitchen shower :) 

1 comment:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest