Friday, July 27, 2012

Coffee Filter Wreaths

My friend Jessie had the brilliant idea to make paper flowers out of coffee filters. She'd already purchased all the materials, so we just searched on Pinterest for a tutorial and there it was. 
We followed this tutorial for the dying of the filters and from the same post, we used the tutorial for the smaller flowers.

The coffee filters were dyed in a mixture of acrylic paint and water.

We then rigged up a "clothesline" of string to dry them on outside.

Then we made the flowers and glued them to a Styrofoam wreath form.

I glued myself to the wreath at one point too. Hot glue is not a joke.

Jessie glued hers to a grapevine wreath and I think it looks precious! I wish I could have done this but on the Styrofoam it wouldn't have looked quite as nice.

Here's how mine turned out. There are approximately 60-75 roses on there. And yes, it took as long as it looks like it took. The flowers weren't hard to make and it was fun, but time-consuming. I recommend doing this while watching a movie or three :)

Jessie (and Tristan) and me after the crafting.

And here's what it looks like on our front door! This and everything else is going into a box very shortly!


  1. LOVE this!!!! I've heard of dying them with tea or coffee as well. Well done :)


Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest