Thursday, May 31, 2012

That Place

Seven years ago, I boarded a plane for the very first time. It was the longest travel time ever taken (thanks to bad weather and cancelled flights), but resulted in a wonderful trip. 
That trip was to Ukraine, and the very first day that I was there, bouncing down a bumpy road to a little village, I was sold. I wanted to come back already, and I hadn't even left. 
For some reason, God has brought me back there a total of five times, which I can't believe even now. Each time has felt like the last, but for whatever reason, part of my heart is there and I guess I just can't stay gone. 

Year one - a wheatfield on the way to Borkiv (our first camp) with the lovely Kristine. July 2005.

And the last time I was there... January 2009.

It's been three years since I've been back, and I really didn't think I'd be going to Ukraine again. 
But here I am. 
Why am I going? 
My degree is in Intercultural Ministries. Because I'm in the World Missions department at Moody, my internship has to be overseas for at least six weeks. I was originally planning on teaching English in Asia, but then an opportunity to do my internship in Ukraine came up, and I knew it was God. I'm sure I'd love Asia (I really liked China), but Ukraine had my heart first. 
So for the next six weeks, that's where I'll be. I plan to post as often as I can while I'm away and give updates on things that are going on over there, but wanted to give a heads up. 
Pray for my flights over there and for reliance to be on the Lord during this trip. Pray also for Carson, who won't be joining me. He'll be working extra hours and gearing up for our move. 
See you in July!

1 comment:

  1. wow, lindsay! I will be praying for you and carson as you are apart and for you time there in the ukraine. looking forward to reading your posts as you are able! love, sarah

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest