Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Waffles

This is so easy that you really shouldn't call it a recipe. And if you're attempting to be remotely healthy, you also shouldn't try it. Just thought you could use that warning. 
I don't really like breakfast food as breakfast food, and in fact made this as a dessert, but it could work for special occasion breakfasts (that's what my family did growing up and I fully intend to continue that tradition).
  
Anyhow, I discovered this by pure accident on the world wide web. Not sure where, but if you were to google "Cinnamon Roll Waffles" tons of posts come up. I'm glad I found it though, because if I were going to  cook cinnamon rolls again, I'd do it this way... it's so quick! 

Anyway, you'll need: 
1 tube of Cinnamon Rolls with icing
1 waffle maker
non-stick spray 

This is our waffle maker. It entered our marriage with Carson, I believe. It generally hangs out in the back of a cabinet because I don't like to clean it - I'm more of a pancake fan for that reason alone. 

So all you do is heat up the waffle iron, spray it really well, and throw a cinnamon roll in the middle. This blurry picture shows you the idea. It cooks in there for less than a minute, so don't walk away. 

Lather it with icing, and you're done! 
Carson said that I was a domestic genius after eating this.
 Not really. 
He actually claimed that I was going to give him diabetes, but right before he ate this, he ate several chocolate chip cookies topped with canned whipped cream, so I think he's going that direction on his own. 

Enjoy, but take a walk immediately after, and go for a run and eat only vegetables for the next seven days to make up for it. I mean it. 

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm looks delish! Dakota would love these! wish I had a waffle maker :/ or maybe its good I don't! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest