Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 11th

This day holds a special place in my heart. 
Though Carson most likely won't remember, he proposed a year ago today. 
(I asked once if he knew when we got engaged and he said "August? September? I know it was hot...")
In all honesty, I couldn't care one bit whether he remembers or not. 

It was there, at Old Sheldon Church in South Carolina (he had also surprised me by coming to visit), dripping with sweat (direct sunshine at about noon + nerves + humidity + August) that he asked me to be his wife, after very sweet words that I can never remember correctly (in my defense, I had no idea that he was proposing - I would have focused more had I known). He got on one knee, presented a ring, and asked the fateful question.  

And I said yes, of course. It's a miracle that that came out instead of "Is this for real?!" 

And he slipped this ring on my finger, which was WAY more than I'd ever have expected or even desired. But it was perfect. Chosen carefully and long-searched for - the only ring agreed upon by his ring shopping committee consisting of several aunts and uncles, his mom, and naturally, Carson himself. 

The size was even perfect. He asked my dad, who asked my mom, who asked my grandma, who randomly decided to have my promise ring sized as a ploy to get the correct size (I resisted - I'd already had it for four years and saw no need. But I did get sized. Size five.)


One thing I always wanted the day I was engaged was to be pretty. Unfortunately, having no clue I would be getting engaged, I put on little makeup and clothes I didn't like very much. Oh well.

Met Spring of 2009, classmates for a little while (I wouldn't even really say friends - read the "Story" link), dated for three months, two of those spent long-distance (letters and cell phones!), engaged for 9 months and eleven days, married for allllmost three months. Yay!

1 comment:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest