Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pi Day and Other March Happenings

I had things that I was going to share this month, meant to share, but decided not to share because they really weren't worthy of a post.

I've gone "all out" (not really) for St Patrick's Day before, but not this year.
I didn't decorate for Easter.
I forgot to write a birthday post for my brother/an anniversary post for my grandparents (both happened on March 18th).

Mostly, we worked and went to school. I had a birthday, which I did record. We went to Pennsylvania, as you might recall. But the little things that happened and were recorded in picture form didn't get posts of their own, so here you go.

Pi Day
I was going to record our adventures of Pi Day, which was March 4th (3.14, get it?), but the reality is that it's not something I really thought about beforehand. I texted Carson "Happy Pi Day! Sorry I didn't make you any pie!" at some point during the day, which now sounds like I taunt him cruelly with things he can't have, like pie. When I picked him up at work, we went through the McDonald's drive-thru for some "apple pies" which don't really deserve the name. It was his idea, and we sort of phoned it in, but here are pictures:

Carson made the stuffed squirrel join us for this picture. For some reason, he tries to include it in family events. Like movie nights and pie eating.


St. Patrick's Day
You were going to see pictures of our super fun, super green St. Patrick's Day, but there weren't really any. We wore green (I made Carson change so we were late to church. Blue just wouldn't do.), we had a Shamrock Shake from McDonalds, which tastes very strange, for the record (I hope I remember that next year).
After that fun adventure, we went to the $1 theater and watched Les Miserables and Jack Reacher back-to-back. It's funny that those were our picks, because not only could they have less in common, and when Brooke and Levi were here, Brooke and I saw the first movie while Carson and Levi watched the second. In between the two, we walked to a grocery store for an early dinner (movie theater popcorn was my pre-dinner choice). I made Carson stop in front of the theater for a picture, which he was more willing to do than expected. He's getting used to me.

March Weather
You would have seen springtime pictures, only there weren't too many to be found. Yes, daylight savings offered us more light during the evening hours, but when it's 34 degrees outside, being outside is not exactly priority. This is what the weather looked like in March:
Sunny! 60-something! 03.10.13

6 inches of snow overnight! 3.25.13

This wasn't very promising. Taken 03.26.13
Deceptive, but sunny (39 degrees and slightly windy, but we read in the sunshine for an hour in short sleeves anyway. I noticed that a few of my freckles returned as a result.)
03.29.13
Thrift Store Score
Sunday is the only day that we both have off work, and generally the only day we can truly spend together (I don't have a consistent work schedule so sometimes we see each other more often but Carson has plans six days a week between two jobs and school). Recently, we drove around Cleveland in search of thrift stores. We were feeling like taking a drive, so we chose stores that weren't right down the street. We found some great items, saw Cleveland, and had a great afternoon together!

We seriously scored. Books (a couple for Carson and several children's books), a game, a picnic basket, 5 work shirts for Carson, a pair of boots for me, four pairs of shorts for Carson, 1 pair of pants for Carson, two summer shirts for me, a wooden sign for me to paint over, fabric (an old flat sheet!) for an upcoming project... and more! The tags Goodwill had on sale were what saved us so much! C even found some things to list on Ebay and those sales made the whole trip worth it!



Best "Brand New" Purchase?
I got a hairdryer. I had one a long time ago, but assumed that it wasn't worth it because it made my (already full of volume) hair huge. I guess I thought that the sleek "blow out" look would work for me. It doesn't, but this does save time (it takes about 8 hours for my hair to air-dry) so that I can now shower in the morning instead of at night. Obviously, I have to straighten or braid or something after this process, but finally, nearly-instant dry hair is mine!

I hadn't dried the ends yet. 
Just Random
I found this lampshade for $4.54 in the Target clearance aisle. All of my lampshades were various neutral colors, but I couldn't beat the price and needed to replace one that got beat up during the move, so this came home with me. I actually like it! It's in our bedroom.

We've been working on this puzzle for SO LONG and it's been so difficult. I can't decide if I want it to be finished, or if I want to find it one day, accidentally fallen on the floor. It's a doozy.

Carson brought me flowers one day randomly. This doesn't happen very often, but I love when it does. Wherever he gets them from has really great flowers, because they usually make it for close to two weeks.

I finally finished cleaning and organizing the landing upstairs from all the things left over when we transferred the bookshelf to downstairs. Our DVDs now reside in the guest room. I really want to organize them, which is important to exactly nobody but me. Ps - one of the things I bought with birthday money was Cinderella on DVD - I'm out to collect the classic Disney DVDs, so if anyone wants to add to that collection, feel free.


Here's my birthday card collection, still displayed in the living room. I love looking at them and rereading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest