Saturday, September 15, 2012

Going to the Chapel

My little sister is getting married today. We'll be going to the chapel in just a few hours for her to marry Thomas.

Instead of eloquent words (which I'm out of in such occasions), I'd like to share with you a passage that I shared during my speech at the rehearsal dinner, a prayer for Becca and Thomas.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory, He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God".
-Ephesians 3:14-19

Becca, I pray that your marriage is long and full and sweet with the blessings of our Savior. We're finally here, on your wedding day. I'm not sure that I have the words to say. There are so many memories and sentimental things floating around in my head today that I just can't think of the right thing. But I pray for you and for your new husband as of 4:00 this afternoon. I can't wait to stand beside you today, and to witness you marrying the man of your dreams. You've become such a lovely person, inside and out. I know that sounds so cliche, but it's very true. I've seen you grow as a person and blossom into a woman of God. I pray that this is only the beginning of a lifelong love for the Lord, and a lifetime together of serving Him.
All my love,
Lindsay
The new Mr. and Mrs. Mole

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Becca and Thomas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. thanks linds. this means so, so much!


    - - - - -

    catch up with ya soon!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest