Saturday, September 20, 2008

one month anniversary

It's been a month today since I've lived in Spokane. Feels much longer than that and now Spokane is home! (it was a month ago too, but now it feels like it. When I walk into my apartment

We had dinner at the boys' apartment with the four of them and one of our professors and his wife. I really enjoyed it. Nick made dinner tonight... Cuban Pork Roast, black beans and yellow rice. The Orrs bought sparkling cider, and we girls brought peanut butter fudge and cheesecake. We supplied our dining room table and chairs and some of our dishes to make enough room for all ten of us and the boys did a great job of making things look (and taste) so nice!

Dr. Orr shared all kinds of stories about his life and asked us about ours - where we lived and what kind of food best described where we were from... we had a good time and we were invited to his house for dinner in a few weeks. This is one thing I enjoy about Moody-Spokane. There's a lot of interaction with people. With around 300 students go figure that there will be more time to get to know people. That part has been neat.

For those that were wondering, I don't feel like I got "cast off" because I was sent to Spokane and not Chicago. I did but I don't anymore. It's so obvious that this is where God has me now and I'm unbelievably content in that. Seriously hope that whatever the next stage of my life is will leave me this content and so at peace. Each day here, I like Spokane more. It's going to be sad to leave and not come back when school ends at the end of next May. I really like it.

1 comment:

  1. what the heck?:) a castoff? no way! you're a real Moody, just like us! (lol and more so now that you've got Dr. Orr.;)) we're getting the same amazing training and brilliant Bible teaching...thatz the Pride of a Moody;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest