Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Benedict the Wazzle

WELL, it seemed like a normal Wednesday.
8:25 Health class (bleah.)
9:25 Intro to Ministry class (decent.)
10:45 Chapel (great!)
11:45 LUNCHTIME (a good reminder that I need to go grocery shopping...)
12:15 Acts (favorite class but stressful today - talked about maps we need to draw for a project)
Then a trip to the mall for birthday shopping (didn't buy anything)
A wait for the bus (a loooong wait)
Home again.

But then...

I checked my email. And what was there? Three emails. Two received the dreaded "Archive" button. And the third? Well, it was quite special. The subject line read: "Benedict the Wazzle" - it contained a story! A story. For ME. Wow. Am I lucky or what? My brother is THE greatest. Seriously. He wrote me a letter (it began "Scott, an apostle of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the saints who are at Spokane, greetings" - laughed my head off and read it to anyone who came near me), wrote me a note in code, talked to me on the phone for an HOUR, told me he was sending another letter... and now this story. He's the greatest. And he's so funny too! I don't know if he grew into that or not. Maybe he's always been that hilarious. Anyway, I miss him! My crazy little bigger-than-me brother. Here's a pic I took tonight that was the closest I could get to an actual picture with Scott (also note how shiny and clean my ring is - woohoo!).















What else happened today? I know you're dying to know. Everyone wants to know the fine details of my terribly exciting life.

I made plans with two girls for studying for those maps.
I got my ring cleaned at the mall (so pretty now!)
When we walked into the house it smelled... burnt. And it was kinda hazy. Maddie had cooked dinner. Apparently there was stuff on the burner.
We enjoyed the fresh air by opening all our doors and windows.
I got a phone call from someone looking for her niece. It was a wrong number.

And... since I'm sure my posting pictures is what you need to exist, here's some sustanence in collage form:

1. Fall Retreat this weekend... Northwest of Spokane, on a lake, in the woods... very nice, very fun, very relaxing. LOTS of boating - canoeing, paddleboats, rowboating... also swimming but the water was too cold for me. I was also introduced to the beauty of Oreos and peanut butter. And I played Capture the Flag in the woods at night - such a fun time.

2. We have this class that requires us to "get to know Spokane" as part of the assignment. We had to go to 15 different places in the city and take pictures to prove we went. I went with nine people on Monday and had a BLAST. These are only some of our many pictures around the city.

That's all I've got! I'd post that amazing story, but I don't have permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest