Monday, March 3, 2008

my day off :)

Things that are making me happy today:

- not a ton of school to accomplish... only two [small] things due tonight!
- a birthday in six days :)
- pictures on my wall of friends, trips, and fun things
- the light blue yarn of the scarf I'm knitting
- the books on my bookshelf
- a "little" brother who's three inches taller
- a day off from work, and nowhere to go today
- time to spend writing in my journal
- sleeping in late
- the God of the universe

I read this passage of Scripture today:
"They shall be My people, and I will be their God; and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me. I will rejoice over them to do them good and will faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul. Jeremiah 32:38-41
~ I love how God's heart is so clearly seen in this passage. He loved the people of Israel so much. His desire was for their welfare... He wanted them to follow Him and Him alone. I don't have much to say about this passage but it makes me so thankful for a God of the Universe who seeks after His people and wants them to desire Him with all their heart, soul and strength.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post.. it's so beautiful and happy. it's just makes me think of why we were made. Not to mope or be so focused on DOING all the time. but to LIVE joyfully. so much more that i could say but i love you! that should be enough for now

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest