Friday, March 21, 2008

Ayano

I was really encouraged by a friend tonight. She had probably typed what she said as a quick note, but it meant the world to me, to know that she is praying for me and that her experiences have been similar to mine.

The neatest thing of all, though, is that I've never met her. She's in my Evangelism class and we're Facebook friends, and she lives across an ocean. Yet though she's from a different culture, background, etc, we're sisters in Christ. I really felt that tonight. We've been praying for one another and I don't actually KNOW this girl.

That really reminds me of these verses Paul wrote to the church at Colossae, people he'd never met: For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf and for those who are at Laodicea, and for all those who have not personally seen my face, that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself. [colossians 2:1-2]

2 comments:

  1. wow. how cool...
    :) love you dearest. Missed you too! Mom and I actually had a date! twas fun!
    need to talk to you...its been a whole day! ;) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That sounds REALLY cool Lindsay. Like the verses :) Isn't it cool how God just puts verses in your way right when they're most applicable to you?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest