Thursday, July 23, 2015

Glitter Earring DIY

I've seen these glittery earrings on Nordstrom's website a number of times, and I know they sell out quickly. I don't love spending a lot of money on earrings, so I've never tried to catch these while they're in stock, but I still liked how they look. 

So... while Jillian was visiting I suggested a quick project. I'd had a freezer paper project in mind, but with the short time frame of the visit and the fact that we were going to have two little girls who need attention, we opted for this instead. I bought a pack of six earrings from Wal-Mart for $4.88, which was already a better price than the beautiful Kate Spade ones. I had a bottle of ELF Chic Confetti nail polish that I thought would be perfect. Here it is after one coat (the ones I covered were purple, pink, yellow and blue, and I left the black and clear ones) because I forgot to get a before.

And here's the after!  Since these were cheap earrings, I covered the posts and backs in clear nail polish so hopefully they don't turn our ears green. 

Aaaaand I got a little glitter happy and did more pairs of already existing earrings. Here's another pair I did later, which I liked better and which I worked harder on to get a decent picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest