Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bacon Ranch Pasta


If I post a recipe on here, it's rarely healthy and I'm sorry to say that this is no exception! I promise that we do eat meals that are reasonably healthy quite often, just not when the camera's around.  I'm also sure that healthy adaptations could be made to this dish, but given the subject matter, things probably aren't going to get much better. Ps - it also didn't look quite so weird on our plates.

If you're interested though:
Bacon Ranch Pasta (adapted from Plain Chicken)

8oz penne
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix (I used the kind for dip, not sure if there's a difference)
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/3 cup cooked bacon (I cooked a few strips and then chopped those up. It might have been less than 1/3 cup simply because I helped myself to a piece)
* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I completely forgot to thaw chicken for this, so I didn't include it at all. Oops!)

Cook and drain pasta, set aside. Melt butter in pot, then add flour and stir for 30 seconds to a minute. Add milk slowly and cook until sauce thickens (it took awhile for this step - I had Carson stirring and poor thing thought his arm would fall off). Stir in ranch mix and cheese, until cheese melts. Add chicken (oops), bacon and pasta. Serve immediately, preferably with something very green and healthy.

This made 4 main dish servings but would easily serve 6 as a side dish.
It took less than 30 minutes to make (but we put our bacon in the oven to cook and it takes about 20 minutes, so in reality, it took us longer than 30 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest