Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

So many times, I've thought about the "what if" scenarios that could have been true in my life. Now that Carson's a part of it, it's only natural to think about the things that concern him too:
What if I hadn't been rejected from Moody the first time?
What if I hadn't reapplied?
What if I hadn't accepted to go to Spokane for "a year"?
What if Carson hadn't been in my classes?
What if I had said no from the beginning to his offer of a date?
What if we never went on that second date?
What if we hadn't decided to become boyfriend and girlfriend?
What if he hadn't proposed in August?
What if I'd decided to go to Chicago?
What if we felt we didn't know each other well enough and broke things off?
What if ?

Lots of what-ifs. But they're only questions in my head because I do know what happened on each of those occasions. I know and I'm thankful for the reality that Carson is a part of my life, and I'm part of his. I'm so very glad that God knew what He was doing.

Because this has gotten a bit sappy, I'll close. But I couldn't let the day go by without wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day! I'll be back later this week with pictures from our celebrations. Carson has a whole elaborate gift system this year for me which is so fun!

I'll give you a sneak peek of my gift to him (but don't tell... he doesn't get to see it until 5pm!)... Molly, Erica and I spent all day Saturday making blankets for our guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest