Thursday, September 22, 2011

Around the House

I don't have much to say (a lie. I always have a lot to say) other than to show you what we've been up to lately. 
A few weeks ago, I made peanut butter cookies. I enjoy most cookies before they're cooked (dough) but peanut butter cookies and the oatmeal cookies my mom makes are the two exceptions. I had all the ingredients for peanut butter cookies, so I set to work filling up the cookie jar. 
Unfortunately, since I like them, the cookie jar is once again empty. Oh well. 



Carson returned to work at Super Supplements. His boss called and offered him a full-time position. Yes, please! I made a sign for his first day. 

 I also thought I should make a note of how we watch movies around here. On the macbook, propped up by other dvds, with computer speakers. This movie, by the way, was the updated version of "Charade" (with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn). This one was called "The Truth about Charlie" and it just wasn't that great. We have Charade and I think it's much better! 

With ice cream, of course. Carson keeps getting my favorite (mint chocolate chip) so we keep eating ice cream... it's a problem I don't mind all that much :) 

Here's another something I made: an owl pincushion. The drawback is that it sort of looks like an owl voodoo doll. I don't know that they have those but I feel bad stabbing this poor creature in the back. He has been rather handy though. I don't miss having to stick pins in the couch when I'm trying to sew.


I just love squash and zucchini cooked together. Something about it just seems so summery. I think it's the colors and the fact that growing up we had a million squash from Granddaddy's garden each summer. 

Since I'm showing you "life", here's some Reilly Building pictures and updates. 
This is our list of rules for the apartment building. Some people took the liberty of calling others out on certain misdemeanors. I, for instance, have a drug and alcohol issue... clearly. Some of the names are personal jokes (Rachel has a fish and was called out on the "pets" rule and Keith may or may not be loud late at night).

That rule list is posted on the whiteboard that's in the foyer of the building. I think it's supposed to be for helpful notes. There are a few, but there are mostly pictures and funny notes. Stephanie recently made this one of the Reilly women (yes, we have new people)... and Izzy made an addition. 

The biggest Reilly family news has been that two of our members, John and Rachel, got engaged last week! We're all THRILLED for this event, to take place this winter over break. They will continue to be our neighbors - she'll move down the hall to his apartment, which happens to be right next to ours!


2 comments:

  1. This is a fun post! Those peanut butter cookies look delicious! Congrats to your husband on the full-time position! My hubby and I always have ice cream in the freezer, too. :) I love mint chocolate chip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watch movies in a very similar way... although we have not upgraded yet to the speakers. :-) love getting a glimpse into your life!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest