Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Came Too Fast

I was supposed to leave for Chicago on Wednesday.
But, I left for Spokane on Sunday morning.
A few more days at home proved to be such a blessing! I got to do a lot more that I'd hoped to do while still in the South.

I got to spend time with my sister downtown, enjoying a not-too-humid afternoon at the Marina:

And take my brother shopping...
On the way, we stopped for some gas at a rather disreputable looking place...
And began a hunt for navy dress pants for the pickiest, skinniest 14 year old on the planet (seriously! nothing fit or fit his ideas of the perfect pants. I was drained but we conquered the odds and found the perfect ones :))

But Sunday morning came too quickly. Much too quickly. I boarded a flight in Savannah and three flights later, was in Spokane. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I'm here, all safe and sound in my new apartment. It's different being back here, but with different people and in a new place. So many things have changed in the year since I first started going to Moody-Spokane. More on that later.

For now, a picture of the first official meal cooked in our apartment. Eaten in the living room (we don't have a table) while watching Emma.
And a question: Why does breakfast always taste so much better when it's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest