Saturday, July 4, 2009

independence day

It's INDEPENDENCE DAY! Yay freedom! Yay America!

I wouldn't say I actually celebrated freedom today but it's been a great day just being with Americans... (if that counts)

It started out with the Firecracker Run on Hilton Head this morning with Dustin and Brandon, which I almost died from, followed by a good amount of time in the car sitting down and then a shower and prepping for the party we had at the house. I'm not the greatest estimator so I'll just say that a LOT of people showed up to play volleyball, eat burgers and hotdogs, talk, and baby-talk our dogs. The crowd dispersed early so everyone could go see fireworks.

Well, not everyone. I didn't go. But I'm sure they were explosively wonderful :)

[pictures in collage at top of post...race stuff on the left, party on the right. many thanks to Brandon for the party candids]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest