Monday, January 26, 2009

Ukraine Trip


I got back from Ukraine last night. It was a great trip!

I lived in the Vinnitsa Christian Orphanage, along with Stephanie, Stephen, Jillian and Caleb. A great set of people who were both an encouragement to be with and very fun. I laughed a lot and truly enjoyed my time with each one of them.

We spent just about every hour of our days with kids - playing in the snow, clapping games, letting them do our hair, learning Russian words, teaching them Bible stories, helping with homework... our goal was to be with them and we accomplished it! We had bunk beds just like the kids and it was definitely different to go to sleep with the rhythm of so many other girls sleeping.

A highlight for me was being able to share the gospel with four little girls. We took them to McDonalds for lunch one day and spoiled them a little bit. It was great to spend time with them and talk with them but we asked them to articulate the gospel message and ended up sharing with them. God totally worked and gave us words to say and them understanding. I really enjoyed that.

We left Ukraine very tired but very sad to say goodbye. We'd quickly made friends with so many of the 48 kids in the orphanage and felt like we could spend so much more time there. It wasn't enough but it was such a great trip. I feel so refreshed by it, even with jet lag :) God moved inside the five of us and also in the hearts of the kids. Stephen and Caleb said they thought two of their boys accepted Christ.

It was a "worth it" trip. I'm so glad I went and of COURSE I have pictures... in collage form so that I can fit more in the post ;)

[We were traveling January 13-14, were in Kiev, Ukraine January 14-15, traveled to the orphanage in Vinnitsa and were there from January 15-22, and were in Holland from January 22-24. Came home yesterday. A team of eight - Mr. Alex, Mr. Vince, Stephanie, Michael, Me, Jillian, Stephen & Caleb.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest