Friday, January 9, 2009

thankfulness on break

It's been awhile. I'm quite busy here. The visions of long evenings of reading and going to bed early were completely unrealistic. I work full-time which has been great because I needed the money and I really love being back at the church. The people there are so great to be with. Such a blessing in all respects.

After work, I usually do something with friends. It's been great spending time with people but it's almost never ending. I'm so glad I have so many good friends but I can't do things with all of them, sadly. Again, such a blessing to have amazing people in my life. They're so fun, keep me laughing, but also keep me grounded. I know I've grown a lot spiritually just through fellowship and encouragement here.

I've had people come up to me ask ask in a half-whisper, "Are you ready to go back to Spokane?" Yes I am. I love being here but I feel that at least this break is just a break. I'm supposed to go back, as far as I can see. Content here, but just sort of this feeling of purpose for there. I can see a lot of things to do there, ministry-wise with other girls and with the church. I miss Spokane and my roommates and all sorts of things out there and I can't wait to go back but I am also thankful for a long long break!

Speaking of roommates, Amanda turns 19 today - Happy Birthday, Roomie!

I have a bunch of thoughts I've typed up and saved in my draft folder in my email. I'll have to post them sometime. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures from Christmas break (there would be more because I've done a lot more but I keep forgetting to take pictures with some people when we're out!):

1 comment:

  1. The way you're jumping in the picture (far right, low corner) with Brooke almost made me fall off my chair, laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest