Tuesday, November 11, 2008

thankfulness

Lately I've been thinking of reasons why I'm thankful. If it has anything to do with Thanksgiving, I promise that it's totally unconscious! I wish I'd thought of it though... it would have been a really good idea to use the month of November from beginning to end for thankfulness. Oh well.
  • Today, I'm thankful for...
  • Missions Conference (today and yesterday)
  • The call to go out into the world
  • Encouragement of Haley
  • Not caring what food tastes like if it's free
  • Free mobile-to-mobile
  • Brothers: biological, non-biological, here in Spokane and those from Beaufort :)
  • Free rides instead of the bus (thank you Scott!)
  • A nice little chat with Amanda in the student lounge
  • The roommate day we're having tomorrow
  • Molly's giggle
  • Mom worrying more about the dogs and her sick "baby" than herself
  • Mercy and grace of God
  • People who have served our country (it's Veteran's Day - I'd had no idea!)
  • People around me who are being light (like the person who told me last night how they were just absolutely in love with the Savior - still so excited about that)
  • Contentment even though all these relationships are popping up everywhere.
  • Being able to say to the person who reminds me that we'll be back in a certain classroom on Friday for Psych: "No David, I'm skipping class this week!" and realizing that means that I'll have one class this week and it's one of my favorites :)
  • One month and two days until I see people from Beaufort.
  • Having two places that I refer to as "home" but knowing that neither are actually permanent.
  • Continued reminders to put all of me into Him and knowing that it means I don't have to worry.
Sadly, I'm not thankful about one thing and that's that the leaves on the trees are no more... "Fall" as I've known it over the past few months is over... can't play in the leaves anymore! Snow has been spotted in every area around us but Spokane. This is happy but while we're in the in between stage, bare trees are rather ugly. So I'm thankful that I took so many pictures while the leaves were pretty :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay, so fun to see you all grown-up, and being thankful. I have actually been posting everyday on my blog about thankfullness, and your mom has been commenting, and left a link to you!! I guess because you posted about thankfullness today. I am sure she is very proud of you, and rightly so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY for thankfulness...
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) i am so thankful for you!!! love ya dearest!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest