Monday, October 20, 2008

The Phantom

We'd completely given up on seeing the Phantom of the Opera on its run in Spokane after finding it was sold out. It was very sad but we tried to be happy about it while listening to people at school gush about how amazing it was.

Madeline bounded in from church today - "If we go two hours early we can get tickets!" she said. I assumed she was talking about church and wondered what kind of church sold seats (and two hours in advance? that's early!). "To the Phantom of the Opera!" she cried, "Do you want to go?"

Of course I did. Maddie and Molly and I got dressed up and went. We met five other people from school and stood in line for the 40 tickets available two hours before the show. Then we went to eat. The boys split from us and went to eat on their own. Olive Garden had an hour wait so we went to Red Robin for burgers. Six girls dressed up at a burger place. Nice.

And the show? It was amazing. Worth every penny. I'm so glad I went. (Except now I have the songs stuck in my head.) The lighting, the acting, the singing, the orchestra, the sets... it was all perfect. And we had great seats. Floor level, back row.



{pictures} Getting ready. Maddie, Me, Ali and Adrie. Erica, Molly and Maddie. The roomies ready to go. Erica and I with our burgers. The six of us (Ali and I got cut out) at dinner. Molly and I with our amazing tickets. My ticket. The stage.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all look pretty all dressed up. Weren't you COLD, though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took our coats off for pictures - the weather was actually good for the picture of us outside the apartment but yes, it was in the 40s later that night. Definitely had the coats out :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest