Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thoughts While Unpacking

Yes, we're still unpacking. It's mostly things here and there - like craft stuff I don't have storage for (besides those fun cardboard moving boxes) and the winter clothes we took out (it's been cold).

- Oh there are BOTH of our graduation gowns! We'll definitely use those again - glad they made the move. (that's sarcasm)

- Why didn't we label these boxes? A number on the side means nothing to me.

- I should not buy things just because they are on the clearance rack. I wear them even though I don't like them because I "feel bad" for not wearing them. A little self-control would solve this problem.

- Yay - the "To Donate" box made the move. So glad to see all of those items again. Or maybe not. Also - I remember making a trip to Goodwill - what was in that box?

- I think I bought 90% of my winter clothes while in high school. I'm glad I still wear these things. On the other hand, maybe I should have purged a little more.

- How can I not find the sports bra I wore on the day we arrived? Pretty sure it couldn't have escaped.

- Well hello, shirt I purchased when I was twelve and STILL WEAR (sometimes).
The shirt - I bought it in 2001
- Hm, this Pandora station is pretty good. I think I'll look up the name of this band. And get on Facebook. And watch a movie. Wait - why is this pile of clothes still here?

- I should take pictures of this process (they're the ones in this post)!

- How much outerwear can one person own? When did I become a hoarder of coats? Why are they all brown or green? Why do I not have one black jacket in this mess? Or at least something that coordinates?

- Why did I decide to pack all of my swimsuits with my winter clothes? It's definitely one of the last places I would have looked.

- Wait... there's that sports bra! But how did it get on the bottom of the winter clothes box? Weird.

- I think I'll write a blog post as I unpack these things! Yes, that's much better than unpacking!

- Hey look! I'm done!

- Oh boy, now it's time to pack up the summer clothes. I don't want to!
It was chaos. Making the bed might have helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest