Friday, March 19, 2010

Little House on the Prairie

I've been reading the Little House on the Prairie books again, just because.

Boy, it brings back memories.

Like fighting over who got to "be" Laura (more fun) and who got to be Mary (more well behaved). (I think I lost on that one since Mary's older).

And pretending that we were Mary and Laura on the back of the covered wagon (as pictured here) by sitting silently on the end of one of our beds.

Did you know that it's a musical now? Melissa Gilbert who was Laura in the TV show (which I never fully liked since it wasn't enough like the books:"Pa" didn't even have a beard!) plays "Ma" in the musical. It's coming to Spokane this spring and I wanted to find an excuse to go... can you even picture it? It's for real! Click here!

1 comment:

  1. Ha!
    I think you were always Mary, because she was prettier. Right?
    And remember MaryKate and Ashley? You were (the prettier) MaryKate, I was Ashley, and we would run around...wait...what did we run around doing? I just remember "being" them.
    And even playing "Caddie Woodlawn" after watching the movie.
    And Otis, which is not something that needs to be explained in detail.

    Such fun times!
    And that little house in the woods, and the Fern Land we would travel so far to get to (ha ha)...

    Ahh, I love it. We had the greatest childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest