Wednesday, July 2, 2008

kristine

I had dinner with one of my favorite people this evening. Goodness I love dates with Kristine. So much fun and laughter and just good conversation with her.

I was thinking how many things have changed since I first met her. The first real conversation was around a campfire at a retreat 4 years ago. She was wearing a Moody hoodie and I came up to talk because I'd wanted to go to Moody since I was in the 8th grade. We hit it off immediately but I didn't really think anything would come of that conversation until Kristine asked me to meet her for lunch at Upper Crust. I don't remember much about that conversation other than that I was praying really hard that we'd be able to get to know one another.

I'm very glad God thought that was a good idea too.
She led a Bible study that I became a part of and met with me often separately from that, really discipled me in a way that I didn't know existed (a way that is real discipleship... doing things along with me). We really got to know one another when we roomed together during our first trip to Ukraine. We had fun, to say the least, but I was also so influenced by her and her walk with God. I looked up to her even though she behaved toward me as a friend, not a ministry project. She went to school that fall and we didn't talk all that often but when she came back on breaks, Kristine and I were able to start right back where we'd been.

Without a doubt, she's been one of the most influential people in my life and it's all because of who she is... such a fun person and so utterly in love with God. It's neat to see her share with others and serve because she really enjoys life in the way few do. She's greatly influenced what I want to do (even though we're totally different personalities and such) by just being available for God and following Him even when she wasn't enjoying the process.

I can't say enough good things about this girl. It doesn't seem like it's been that long... probably why I can't get over that diamond on her finger! Ryan's such a blessed guy and I'm so thrilled to see what God will do through their marriage.

love you, kristine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest