Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I Don't Miss Snow

It's December, and there's a high of 78 degrees today.

If you first thought was to think "Oh how sad, it doesn't feel Christmassy there!" please, don't. I can't even explain how thrilled I am to wear normal shoes outside, single layers, ONE coat when it's chilly. I don't even know where my gloves are.

A couple of weeks ago, it actually got pretty cold at night. It was below 30 early in the morning (which is when I work) and people were bundled up like the kid from A Christmas Story movie during the days, which hit maybe the high 40s or low 50s. I LOVE that that's cold here. It's great to be amongst wimpy weather people again. For over six years now, I've been bundled up, staying in where it's warm, and I must say, it's nice to be with people like me again.

Carson, however, is rather glum about the weather. "You know what we need?" he said the other day for probably the 12th time this fall, "we need snow!" He does admit that it's nice to go outside and do things that we couldn't do when there was a layer of white on the ground, such as going on walks or even backing out of our driveway without the fear of running into a snow bank (which we did a number of times last winter). I think it will probably grow on him, even if he'd never admit it.

If anything, it will be nice to realize that the pictures below are now a memory and not a reality.
Sorry, Cleveland.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest