Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Black Bean Chicken Wraps

We loved these chicken wraps so much, so when I found an adaptation on the original website, I decided it sounded like something Carson would love, so I made it too.

I apologize for the bad picture. Terrible lighting combined with not the best shot.
I changed the ingredients from the author's original to adapt what I had, so without further ado: 

Ingredients 
(I actually increased all of these amounts by a little bit but I didn't measure my additional amounts)
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 cups shredded chicken
1 can black beans
2 green onions, diced (I would add more)
red or green pepper diced (I didn't have one)
yellow corn (I just used it because I had it, and used about half a can)
chopped cilantro to taste
lime juice to taste
1/2 tablespoon  chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheddar
sour cream (I used green yogurt)
flour tortillas (I used whole-wheat)

Mix rice with spices, then add all but the dairy ingredients. Sprinkle cheese on the tortillas. Put the rice and chicken mixture down the middle, top with sour cream if desired, and fold up like a tiny package. 
Spray medium-sized pan and place wraps seam-side down. Cook until crispy and golden brown. 
--
Carson ate one of these with a salad the night that I made them, but the remainder (this mixture made nine wraps and I was liberal with the amount of mixture I used so I think it could have made more like 10-12 with my increased measurements). I wrapped these individually in foil and stored in the fridge for Carson to take for lunch. He loved them and I will definitely made them for his lunches again, but will add the pepper and likely something to make them spicy (Sriracha perhaps?)





Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made those too! Minus the cilantro, of course. And with white rice, of course. The guys really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brown rice and black beans, so I will make these as well as your pumpkin cake.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest