Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a quiet Easter Sunday this year. 
Our church had two services just for Easter, and we accidentally slept in, so we went to the second one. The set-up of the service was different from normal Sundays. Our pastors took turns going through the gospel story, and after each segment, there would be a time of singing. I don't think I've mentioned this, but there are SO MANY talented musicians at our church. Never have I been to a church with such superb music. Anyway, there were a number of people from the congregation up there this week with instruments and it was so beautiful. Very neat to think about Christ's death and resurrection with the music swelling dramatically at each song. 
After church, we went by the grocery store to pick up more eggs and to grab something for lunch. We ended up just going to Panera, and then headed home. 
But first, we took a few pictures. These were taken on the campus of Notre Dame College (which I don't think is affiliated with the other Notre Dame). There's a statue of Mary to our left in the picture, but we didn't think that really belonged on Easter :) 



Tell us how you really feel about taking pictures, Carson


This was Carson's Easter basket. That is to say, it had fruit in it, but I emptied it out so that it could be his Easter basket for this picture. He got Peeps, Jelly Beans, mints and kitchen towels (he does the dishes and was saying that he'd like more dish towels around... and he was actually very happy about this gift)

Then we dyed eggs. Carson wore his game face for the occasion.





We had Easter dinner with friends, where we enjoyed lamb, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread,  deviled eggs (I provided those since they're my favorite), several casseroles, and apple pie for dessert. I didn't take pictures, but we did enjoy a great evening laughing and getting to know more people from our church.

Since we got this for Easter, I thought I'd share. This is the basket Carson's parents sent... such a great gift! And Carson ate absolutely everything (except the caramel corn) before I could get to it. One day it was filled, the next, empty. It came in a great wooden box that we love and will decorate with once I find the perfect spot! (this is the box I referenced in my last post)

1 comment:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest