Friday, April 26, 2013

Deviled Eggs


For Easter, I made deviled eggs. They're one of my favorite Easter foods and actually not so difficult to make, so I'm not sure why I save them for that one time of year.

We dyed the eggs on Easter and then promptly (once they were dry), peeled them for their new lives as deviled eggs. Once properly memorialized on film, they really had no other purpose, right?

I cut them in half, took at the yolks and mashed those up (I'm pretty sure this tool is actually just for berries, but it worked great!), added some Dijon mustard (my fav), some salt and pepper and mayonnaise, put the yolk mixture into the egg white halves, topped those with paprika and voila! Deviled eggs.


We had some eggs that didn't want to peel correctly and were pretty mutilated, so those became egg salad, which we enjoyed as lunch for the next week. Same recipe there: Dijon, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. I usually add a little fresh dill but we didn't have any. Come to think of it, that would have been excellent in the deviled eggs too! Oh! And green onions!

Guess I'm going to have to make these again sooner than just next Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest