Sunday, August 21, 2011

fall semester already!

August 22nd was the first day of school. I know - I can hardly believe it myself! 


carson with one of my favorite books - crime and punishment

there are probably six books missing for my classes this summer
I'm taking a full load this semester, glad to be back in the swing of things. This is my senior year at Moody at last. Since I took off two semesters and a half (I only took two classes in the spring), I'm going to be taking quite a few credits in order to pull off a May graduation date. It's like cramming three semesters into two, but I think that's also because my major has a few extra credit hours and classes I couldn't take until now since this is the first year that all of the classes for the Bachelor of Arts degree have been offered.

studying for another class last year - not the last i'll see of the library
I'm taking 19 credit hours this semester. My classes are Exploring Music, Christianity and Western Culture I, Apologetics, Missionary Relationships, Life-on-Life Discipleship, and Systematic Theology I. My book list for the semester is rather large so I think I will gain a gold medal in speed reading.

studying in the library in our building
I'm excited for what the semester will bring and SO thankful that I'm able to take classes and finish my degree. I should have graduated (if I hadn't taken semesters off, that is) this past May with Carson so my desire to graduate is quite strong. For silly reasons, I am thankful that I had to wait to get my degree because the class I'll graduate with is the freshman class of 2008 - we were all new students together when I transferred in. So most of the people are people I know quite well. It will be fun to finish our time in Spokane together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest