Saturday, August 13, 2011

Em's Birthday

this lovely lady has reached the
two-decade mark!
that's right, Emily is 20 :)

When I think of Emily, I think of
spatulas
hot tea and conversation
Ben&Jerry's
The Lizzie McGuire Movie (sorry. it's true.)
staying up really late
squealing and sharing joy even if it's inconvenient for her
swing dancing
the beach

I've known this woman since she was shorter than I am, which basically means since she was about four. 
We became friends when I was in high school and she was a wee little middle schooler. 
We shared braces, a poor fashion sense, and writing class. 
Moving on, we shared memories, thousands of pictures, and I was honored to have her in my wedding.

She's a fabulous friend and I wish I could say that our paths cross more often these days but it's been since last July when I was in town for Brooke's wedding.
Hoping to see her in Beaufort, and if not, to coerce her into another visit to Spokane. 
Miss her!

Em, I hope your birthday is as fantastic as you are!
And I really, really mean that. Even though it sounds totally cheesy and fake. 
Have a great 20th!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet friend! I hope that you had fun celebrating together!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest