Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart,In the company of the upright and in the assembly. Psalm 111:1

I am so thankful today.
I miss my family very much and I'm thankful for that.
I'm thankful for the "family" here, the brothers and sisters in this apartment and the one above me, three of whom I'm feasting with today (everyone else went home).
I'm thankful that I'm out here in Washington and that I know that God has me here.
I'm thankful for school. I love our little set-up in the church and that I know just about everyone.
I'm thankful that I will be home in two weeks and two days.
I'm thankful for cold weather, and the tiny bit of snowfall on Tuesday (yes! it snowed! and then it rained but I'm still thankful for snow!)
I'm thankful that Haley is out here too and that she has such an amazing, encouraging heart.
I'm thankful for my roommates who cooperate when I make them make turkeys.
I'm thankful for my roommate to be, Erica, who has such an enthusiasm from her that it's so obvious who her joy is in :)
I'm thankful for swing-dancing and crazy dancing with Molly.
I'm thankful for my grandparents who I'm missing a lot and can't wait to see very soon!
I'm thankful for real sisters and brothers... Scott and Becca.
I'm thankful for so many puppies at home.
I'm thankful for friends at home who send letters and emails and Facebook wall posts.
I'm thankful for friends who make plans for break and take squish pictures over Skype and for friends who call weekly just to say hey.
I'm thankful for friends here who give me rides and study really hard for tests with me and invite me to have Thanksgiving with them so I won't be alone.
I'm thankful that I don't really have any needs. The right amount of money always seems to come in just when I can't pay rent or need food. I really can't say enough about that.

For all these things and more things I can't think of right now, I thank God. He has blessed me so much!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest