Friday, November 21, 2008

my very interesting life

Just thought I'd write a little bit about what's going on... pretty much just dates with friends and roomies... and school! It's not very exciting, but it is more exciting than it sounds. I really do like my school and I do enjoy the bus (there are some interesting people that ride those things!), checking my box at school, cheering on air hockey tournaments in the lounge, and all the other things that I do regularly.

This is what a typical College Writing class looks like during break. Papers are everywhere and at least one person is sleeping (that class is at 7:45).


You may be pleased to know that Haley and I had our second date since we've been out here. We realized as we sat at the table in the cutest coffee shop ever that two times in three months is not good. We barely see each other but are making an effort. Since this picture was taken (two weeks ago, during Missions Conference week), we have gotten together once and have plans to get together this coming week for ice skating!

Remember Charles from a few days ago? The mail came today and apparently, he's not as imaginary as we thought! Molly and I found it very funny that a real Charles apparently did live here at one time.

The homework load is steadily growing. Our professors know how much we love to write papers and study for exams and have graciously given us more assignments than we think we can bear. I have a group project for Bible Intro due the week after Thanksgiving (can't wait for our presentation... we really do have good ideas). I just wrote a paper on Behaviorism for today's Psychology class, probably the most stressful paper I have ever written. Next on my paper list is one about the debate over the King James Version being the only inspired version of the Bible for Bible Intro. Then I'll have an Apostolic Church Planting Principles paper for Acts. I have a cause and effect on world hunger due this week for College Writing but that won't be hard - we have papers every week and they're short. After all the papers have been marked in red and graded, I'll study for finals. Three weeks left!

To end on a happy note (homework is not a happy thing), here's a picture of Amanda and I. The other girls were at Bible Studies for their churches the other night so we left the house to do our own thing. Had a nice little date.

Other things:
Please send mail. All we got today was the utility bill and that letter for Cha(r)les. That was the first mail in four days.
I can see snow from my house but it is not snowing at my house. Mount Spokane is covered in snow. I am saddened by this.
My Thanksgiving plans are not exciting: There will be only four of us out of the eight in my apartment and the one above me - Skyler, Danny, Amanda, and Me. (Molly will at home in AZ, Maddie will be in Kansas with family for her sister's volleyball tourney, Nick will be in Michigan with family, and Dustin won't be leaving Spokane at all... he was invited to someone's house for the day)
Since we do nothing in a well planned manner, we have just a general idea of what we'll be eating: turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and probably a couple other things. This will be way too much food for four people but that's okay with us.
I'm thankful for socks. And for boots. And for anything in general that keeps me warm.

Oh... and I come home in 22 days - three weeks from tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest