Sunday, September 28, 2008

back in time

Pictures are funny things. Just looking at a photo of something you did a few years ago can bring back a flood of memories of that day, what you were wearing, and what you were thinking as you smiled at the camera. I found these beauties this afternoon, reminding me of my first two trips to Ukraine which were only a couple years ago.

Team Borkiv, 2005. The people in this picture are all over the place. Some still in Ukraine, some married, some engaged, some moved other places, some in Beaufort.






Vanya and I. My host brother first year. This was taken the night Kristine and I were grounded and stayed home from going bowling. We were upset about that but had an amazing time playing hide and seek and catch with Vanya.





My first Ukraine roomie. Kristine made boring nights at home so much fun exploring our host family's house and playing with fire late at night. Can't believe this girl is getting married! I'm so excited for her!





The group that went out to dinner one night, ultimately resulting in Kristine and I getting grounded from going anywhere over the next several days. Funny to think that none of us live in Beaufort anymore...





My first-ever host family! We had a really hard time talking to Ivan and Natasha at meals, but with Vanya's limited English and Sergey's translation, we communicated decently.






2006 30-day Ukraine team. Most of us still look the same but we've all changed in so many ways. Just look at Hope and Sam! I really liked this group of people. 2006 was the biggest growth-year for me and much of that is because of these guys.





Katie, Kristine and I practicing. We sang "You Alone" for a youth service in Litin. I hadn't planned on it but they made me join in... Brandon videoed the whole thing and it's rather funny to hear.






I like this picture... this was just after a trip to "Fantaland" to buy Cokes. Those beautiful yellow shirts (we called ourselves "Bananas" that year)...






Inviting kids to camp - Arthur, Mr. Vince and me! I've always liked this picture and I'm not sure why. We walked a lot that day through a cornfield, through herds of cows, and all over to get kids for camp. Mr. Vince definitely looks different and look how short my hair was!

4 comments:

  1. wow lindsay...i totally went down memory lane reading your post. makes me kinda sad...at the same time, it amazes me how much things have changed, and how God has worked in each of the persons in these pics.

    this is probably one of my faves of your posts...it made my heart bubble up with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and getting grounded is sorta an understatement...it felt more like...house arrest.

    just kidding;). to think they changed the curfew rule becuz of us! *warning to all future ukrainian goers...* - don't go to a bar at night with all guys and have one of them tell mr. vince that you're going to mcdonalds.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW! Every year in the informative meeting, Mr. Vince stops, grins at me, and mentions the curfew and that whole little story... Joy.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest