Friday, August 15, 2008

we're considering it all joy

We went out to the sandbar today, our family and Granddaddy and Grandmamma in the big boat. It rained a little, was a little sunny at times but overall a nice day. Becca and I got to walk around and talk... I really enjoyed the time.

As we were putting the boat into the river, we noticed that the Pilot and Granddaddy's truck were the only two vehicles in the parking lot at the landing. Someone mentioned people cutting off parts of cars to sell and Mom and Grandmamma worried but the rest of us took it lightly. I mean, who does that really happen to?

When we got back to the landing, there was a small group of kayakers gathered talking and a policeman came forward from the group. "Is there a David Norman here?" he asked. Dad answered in the affirmative. "Your vehicle has been broken into, sir" the man said. We followed him to the Pilot. The glass in the passenger window was completely gone and the door was left open. Scott got there before I did and had picked up some cards and things that were in my Bible. Which was in my purse. Shoot.

Mom had hidden my purse under a towel in the middle row, hers in the backseat. They didn't bother to look around for hers I guess, because mine was the only one they took. My license, debit card, money I needed to deposit (darn), Bible (saddest about that even though I have another one at home), iPod were all inside. One officer took all my information and an itemized list of what was inside. Mom was upset because I'm moving in five days but for some reason I'm okay. I didn't like my license picture anyway. The purse was (thankfully) a fake and not a real Coach. I'll miss my iPod but it's fine... I have the same music on iTunes at home. I'm hoping I didn't have my Social Security Card in there... that would stink. The most upsetting thing is that they also took:

not the handgun in the center console, not the DVD player, not even Mom's purse...

...Scott's pants.

Yep, that's right. A Wal-Mart special. We laughed a little bit until we realized that attached to the belt was the Leatherman Scott saved up for a long time to get. That's the not-funny part. He's... incredibly sad. If we get nothing else back, I hope he gets that. Poor guy.

So anyway, we're practicing considering it all joy this afternoon.

Even though Scott doesn't even have any pants to wear.

2 comments:

  1. Awe man. I'm sorry to hear that about the stuff that's missing, but glad to hear that you guys are able to keep the right perspective.

    I just prayed for you guys, I hope you're able to get everything settled before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott didn't have just the leatherman that he treasured in those shorts. He also lost a Swiss army knife that his grandfather gave him before he died as well as another knife. Not sure why he was wearing so many weapons other than the fact that he is a male Norman, but that Swiss army knife was special to him.

    But God is so gracious. We are all unharmed! And when it was raining on the way home, it rained at an angle so that no rain came in on the side w/ the smashed window.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest