Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Roasted Asparagus

Simplest recipe ever for such a tasty outcome. 

Start with a pre-heated oven (425) and a bunch of asparagus. Both are essential to a good outcome.

Take a bunch of asparagus (I always confuse the names of artichokes and asparagus when I'm writing them. Anyone else?), cut off the bottoms.



Lay the vegetables on a baking sheet, cover fairly liberally with olive oil, sea salt and pepper


Roast at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Delectable! (sorry for the iPhone picture - we had guests in the living room when I took this out and I felt funny about taking pictures)

I'm going to try roasting cauliflower and broccoli in the same way. I hear good things, so we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. True confession time: I've never had asparagus and liked it, even recipes that were supposedly the best way to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! One of our friends prepared some asparagus with the same ingredients, but cooked on the stovetop instead of the oven. It tasted delicious! It's amazing what olive oil and sea salt can do.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest