Friday, June 1, 2012

Seeing Spokane

I'm traveling today, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to show pictures of the rest of our families' visit to Spokane. 

-- 

In addition to graduation, my family came out to see Spokane. Mom, Dad and Scott arrived on Wednesday evening and Nana got here Friday afternoon. 

I got out of all my finals, so I got to cross this paper off and take it off the wall:

And then, they arrived on Wednesday night. Carson stayed home and studied while I went to the airport. The plane was over an hour late and my meter ran out, but they still arrived in one piece and I didn't get a ticket! 

On Thursday morning, we went to Frank's Diner

And then off to Post Falls, Idaho. We explored this park there:






And then headed over to Couer d'Alene, where we not only enjoyed exploring, but also some FroYo

And then the men napped on a bench there

And we took a picture with the giant moose and the mouse on his nose.




That evening, we had dinner, then went for a walk through Riverfront Park


Friday morning, I had graduation rehearsal, which you can view on clicking the "graduation" post. 
We picked Nana up at the airport, and there aren't any pictures from that. 
The men went off to Cat Tales, a park nearby that has lions, tigers and bears (oh my)... yes, really. 
And the women went shopping. 

We went back to our apartment where I cooked dinner with the help of my mother and mother-in-law.
The guys watched rafting videos

Saturday was the graduation, and you've already seen plenty of pictures from that. 

Saturday evening, after our cookout, we went to the overlook






On Sunday, we went to church. 
This is home sweet home, by the way. 

And Dad took pictures before church started

We went to Red Robin for lunch, since Dad hasn't ever been 

And then the women once again went shopping, while the men went hiking. They hiked over by Minehaha, where you get an excellent view of Spokane, from the east. 


Dad was tired out by it all:


And no one joined Carson in the freezing river. He loves this rope swing and has once even persuaded me to jump off it. NEVER again. Cold and scary.

Then we spied on the bus stop

And walked around by Gonzaga's campus. Dad and I met up with Scott and Carson walking around the river. Mom and Nana stayed behind.

Early Monday morning, we got up and took them to the airport. This is what we look like at 5:45... I got up at 5:35, so don't judge. 

 Nana was the lone visitor from out of town, so after Carson went to work, she and I explored the city to our hearts' content. We went to Huckleberries' for lunch, then to the overlook.

She liked the looks of the Episcopal church, so we decided to see if it was open even though it was Memorial Day. There were no people around in the office, but the doors were wide open, so we explored. It's a beautiful old building (1925) and it was virtually empty except for a few other visitors. 




After that adventure, we walked through Riverfront Park.

We spied the carousel and before I knew it, Nana bought tickets for us to take a ride. 





I took her picture in the red wagon slide. She didn't slide down, just took a picture :) 

She had already seen the ferris wheel and wanted to take a ride, so we did, even though it was super expensive.  



We visited Carson at work and found that he had just clocked out for lunch, so we sat outside with him as he enjoyed the limeade we brought. 

That night, we went out for Mexican. This was my Chimichanga. 


We went back to Nana's hotel

Where Carson enjoyed the pool. Later, we sat in the room and watched the Food Network. 


Tuesday afternoon, Nana and I had lunch at Olive Garden (try their Chicken Alfredo pizza!) and then I took her to the airport. 

What a fun six days! We were so busy the whole time family was here, but we really enjoyed having everyone and getting the opportunity to show our lives to those whom we love. Thanks for enjoying these pictures with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest